Transplant Nephrology Core Curriculum 2019
About the Curriculum:
This online curriculum offers a review of knowledge deemed essential for the care of kidney transplant recipients based on the American Board of Internal Medicine’s nephrology blueprint. The program consists of 9.75 hours of presentations presented by outstanding speakers and contains a self-examination to help you assess your knowledge in this discipline.
|IMPORTANT: CME for the Transplant Nephrology Core Curriculum (TNCC) ends on March 25, 2022 (the option to purchase CME ends on March 10, 2022). For any questions concerning CE credits, or MOC points, please contact ASN via email at email@example.com.|
TNCC Learning Objectives - At the conclusion of the program, the learner should be able to:
- Discuss the immunologic basis for acute and chronic rejection of renal allografts.
- Delineate algorithms for evaluation of potential kidney transplant recipients and donors.
- Define the short- and long-term outcomes of kidney transplant recipients and donors in the modern era.
- Discuss basic pharmacology of currently available immunosuppressive drugs.
- Describe the perioperative management and potential surgical complications of kidney transplantation.
- Discuss the pathophysiology and management of common long-term complications of kidney transplantation.
- Delineate the role of the Organ Procurement Transplant Network in regulating allocation of deceased donor organ transplantation.
- Describe management issues that are unique to pediatric kidney transplant recipients.
Click Here for CE Frontmatter
More Information on TNCC - Course availability and additional questions:
- CME options for the Transplant Nephrology Core Curriculum 2019 will be available for purchase until March 10, 2022. CME ends on March 25, 2022.
- For any questions concerning the purchase of, or access to, this activity, please contact AST via email at info@myAST.org.
- For any questions concerning the content, CE credits, or MOC points, please contact ASN via email firstname.lastname@example.org.