Optimizing Informed Consent Processes to Educate Donor and Recipient Candidates about Psychosocial Risks
Date: January 16, 2019
Time: 02:00PM - 03:00PM
You must be registered to participate!
After participating in this webinar, the learner will be able to:
- Outline elements of a meaningful informed consent process and content elements prescribed by the OPTN.
- Review psychosocial outcomes and risk factors for poor outcomes (psychological and financial) for transplant recipients and living donors.
- Describe best practices to promote understanding, including use of teach back, plain language, and culturally relevant approaches.
- Rebecca Hays, MSW, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
- Jim Rodrigue, PhD, FAST, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center/Harvard Medical School