The Science of Substance Use Disorders in Clinical Transplantation
Date: September 29, 2021
Time: 02:00PM - 03:00PM
You must be registered to participate!
After participating in this webinar, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the core concepts underlying the disease of addiction.
- Understand implications of prescription opioid use, benzodiazepine use, and cannabis use disorder before and after transplant on recipient outcomes, at the population-level.
- Identify the implications of prescription opioid use on living donor outcomes, at the population level.
- Understand the risks of relapse to substance use disorders and factors that may predict relapse risk.
- Discuss current controversies that relate to substance use and transplantation, including marijuana use and transplantation for acute alcoholic hepatitis.